Jordan Hall recently got hold of the new MegaByte groundbaits from Adrenaline Baits and has been testing it out to ensure it's spot on before it's launched. Primarily created as a Method and Hybrid feeder mix, it also creates a perfect paste mix, as Jordan discovered and explains'
'First thing you notice about MegaByte is the fantastic value for money. 1.4kg for £5.99, which is amazing value yet nothing has been scrimped on it has no less than 70% pellet content, while the other 30% is high grade fish attracting stimulants. It's also gone through a unique double-grind process, making it super fine.
'With the weather getting warmer, a favourite method of mine is paste fishing. For paste in the summer, I like to use either Betaine Green for F1s, or a strong smelling Red Krill for carp. Here's a guide on how to mix the perfect paste every time. Fool proof'
1. Get a large mixing bowl. The Middy EVA 5L one is perfect.
2. Add one part of the ground bait to a tub, e.g. 1 pint of dry mix and add it to the large bowl.
3. To the dry mix, add 1 and half parts water, due to the high pellet contents the mix takes on a lot of water at this stage and the mix will look ruined but don't worry.
4. Mix the slop for 2 mins, just so the water has absorbed into all the particles.
5. Come back in 15 mins and you will have a light fluffy mix perfect for putting round the hook for big carp. Use 0.18 or 0.20 Lo-Viz line, a size 12 KM-4 hook, and Reactacore red elastic you'll be on to a winner.