Middy Tackle International Ltd is one of Europe's leading fishing tackle manufacturers with over fifty years of heritage and a well-established strong reputation amongst anglers. The company is primarily involved in the design, manufacture and B2B distribution of its own brand products; as well as direct marketing to consumers, to support the sales network.
Due to an upcoming retirement, Middy are now seeking a new Operations Manager, which primarily includes assisting all departments with all manner of IT and general enquiries; as well as assisting the Managing Director, overseeing imports/exports, and handling general enquiries from consumers and B2B customers. A more detailed list of duties is provided below.
Applicants must have:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent general IT skills, including a high proficiency in Excel, Access, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate Excel and Access proficiency when tested.
- Good verbal and written communication skills due to handling queries by phone and email.
- Knowledge of importing/exporting procedures.
- A friendly and hard-working attitude.
- A pride in their quality of work completed -superb attention to detail.
- The ability to work well in a team -you will not be "above" the other office staff despite the job title.
- The ability to learn quickly (training provided).
- Ability to speak fluent French would be desirable although not necessary.
- Some form of continued education certificate in IT/computing would be desirable although not necessary.
- Working closely with the Software Programmer to develop Access system, testing software developments.
- Supporting main office with system issues and resolving issues with Software Programmer.
- Updating system with new prices and offers.
- Updating system with new products and assisting with new product catalogues.
- Updating websites and handling any technical issues that may arise with the websites in conjunction with the Web Developer.
- Assisting the Managing Director in daily duties.
- Export -shipping overseas to Europe and worldwide (orders and samples), arranging couriers and issuing relevant customs documents.
- Import -importing shipments, handling relevant documents.
- Answering general enquires, taking telephone orders and answering customer enquiries regarding orders etc.
- Assisting the despatch department with any IT issues and working in close contact to ensure smooth operation of export orders.
- Assisting main office staff with any issues/queries that arise.
- Raising purchase orders to allow smooth running of the office.
- Raising purchase orders for export carriers.
- Preparation of Excel price lists for customer special prices, configured from EPOS list -filtering/sorting Excel data.
- Supplying EPOS information and product imagery to B2B customers.
- Other general day-to-day admin and operations duties as they arise.
£19,500 to £22,750 depending on hours
Final Date for Application:
Full training will be provided although you must be a quick learner. Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application for Operations Manager", including a cover letter and CV.